Of Pretense and Persuasions

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Bwa ha ha ha ha.

I'm going to have to stop starting my posts with a maniacal laugh. I can't help it.

I've learned that life can still exist without going through residency!

http://www.02138mag.com/lists/PC/1112.html

Consider Dr. Anita Goel or Dr. Anula Jayasurlya ... two MD/PhDs who have taken the path of biotechnology and venture capitalism to make life exiciting .... without going through the process of residency. In some respects, med school seems like such a waste if you don't do a residency to become a competant physician in something. On the otherhand, residency also means at least 5 years of misery and sleep deprivation so one might as well find something exiting and fun to do with one's time otherwise ... especially if it means making loads of money.

Given that my first entrepreneurial venture [Advantej Web Designs ... my sole-proprietorship that I set up in high school] was a royal failure due to my inability to charge people for what I liked to do for fun .... I'm not so sure the whole venture capitalism thing is for me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home