Of Pretense and Persuasions

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I've started my surgery rotation; hence the lack of time to update. I started on Emergency Medicine this week and had my first clinical shift last night from 5 pm to 11 pm. In a word, I LOVED it. I love the high intensity environment, the quick thinking, the rapid decision making, the diversity of cases you see. This place totally rocks. I saw so much: psych, trauma, oncologic emergencies, cardio.

I can totally see myself going into EM. Advantages:

1. Flexibility of schedule
2. You can travel internationally with your skills
3. Not tied to your patient population
4. You are the PCP of the indigent, for all practical purposes
5. You can't possibly be bored.
6. I'm so busy that I never find myself tired or watching the clock as on other rotations.

Disads:
1. not much preventitive care possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home