Of Pretense and Persuasions

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Ma, what's for lunch?

Ninety percent of the conversations I have ever had with my mother have focused around what I have eaten for the day. In college, I remember times during which the world would be crashing down upon my shoulders due to some philosophical life crisis or another and the only thing my mother really wanted to hear about was what I had for lunch that day. Ah, leave it to Indian mothers to consider only that which is practical.

I have, as late, been taking better care of myself. Astounding, I realize. It used to be that I wasn't even capable of taking care of a plant, let alone myself. Now, however, I have discovered how much better I feel when I eat properly, play outside and meditate daily .... ah, the luxery of the Psych rotation.

I was particularly proud of my lunch today. Its pretty typical of what I normally eat: apple, carrots, salad w/ nuts and tofu [protein!!!], and some fruit [in this case, a nectarine and some strawberries and blueberries]. The strawberry-blueberry idea came from my brother, of all people, who recently pimped me on a question about the fruit with the highest levels of antioxidant [per wt, I assume, not sure though]... blueberries.

And no, I do not intend to consume the entire bar of chocolate for lunch. It's only there as a matter of artistic liberty - the picture just didn't look complete without it ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home