Of Pretense and Persuasions

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Things to Stress About:

1. I have to do a presentation tommorow on ... Stress! And how it kills brain cells! This is majorly stressing me out since its basically going to be me talking to a bunch of M.D.-Ph.Ds who know a helluva lot more than I do. Even worse is the fact that I haven't actually started working on my presentation yet. Aaaaaaaak! Shoot. I think I just lost, like, five neurons there.

2. Moving. Moving is stressful. Moving without any plan on how to move, even more stressful. I have no idea how I am going to migrate. I have no car; I don't even know how to drive. Two good things: I don't have much stuff and I do have friends. The only problem with the latter is that one of the "friends" who offered to help me moved [of his own accord, mind you ... no begging was involved] is a seriously nice, super-intelligent, ridiculoulsy-good looking Indian guy. ... and.. um.. this makes me nervous. Although, come to think of it, I think I'm more bothered by the fact that I might have to ask a member of the male species for help than I am about anything else. The idea seems to violate my internal code of wannabe-buff-girl ethics.

Otherwise, life is dandy.

Things that make me happy:

1. My Chief-Resident is AWESOME. My attending is, frankly, ... unattentive ... but my Chief makes up for it. He's one of those people who leave you wondering how it is possible for a person to be so nice. And he's brilliant too... a friggin' human encyclopedia. He's probably in his mid-to-late 30's but he's still got this childish spark to him which I think is beautiful. I like people who don't grow up ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home