Of Pretense and Persuasions

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Its my birthday. I'm 23. Last night I helped deliver two babies ... the first will die shortly from pulmonary hypoplasia and the second will likely be a strong healthy boy. I'm exhausted. Yesterday was an emotional rollercoaster -- I started on the Gyn-Oncology service [depressing], did a consult in the Emergency Dept [interesting]; and then spent the night on Labor and Delivery [awesome]. And now I'm trying to read up on Obstetrics in preparation for the coming week. So far, I am pretty sure that Ob-Gyn is not for me. So far, the clerckship has been rather miserable. There are cool parts, for sure, but a lot of not so cool parts too. Eh.

I think I want to go back to California where people are actually friendly. And today I think I want to be a plastic surgeon.

2 Comments:

At 4:30 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Happy Birthday! Eat chocolate.
The OB part is more fun. Big hospital OB is different from private practice OB. Plastic surgery is cool too. 'Nuff bout that...

What did you do for your birthday for you?

 
At 2:23 AM, Blogger Tej said...

Ah, Lori! You must be back from vacation... I hope it was lovely. I threw a birthday party this weekend. Cooked a lot of Indian food and had friends over to eat and watch a radical political bollywood film with me. It was fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home