Of Pretense and Persuasions

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

gaaa. I'm going crazy. I'm meditating seriously, and running 5-6 miles a day so you would think that I'd be super cool and super elevated. Nope. I'm PMSing my brains out. I'm stressing out over the silliest things ... like how I mistook a sprained ankle for left ventricular heart failure today. OMG. I felt SO stupid. And then I rationalized that, in the end, I realized my mistake, that I fixed my patient, and my patient went home thinking the world of me. Only I felt stupid, and bad, and inadequate ... but alas, alack. That is the life of a med student. I fail, I learn, I get better.

So stressful. I never thought this whole family practice rotation would be stressfull but it is. Or maybe its just me PMSing again.

I have to do a student-faculty round presentation on Thursday and I'm perseverating over my topic endlessly. I mean, I wish I could just sit tight and bust it out. But nope. I stress, I google, I waste time, I blog, and then I do my presentation.

Eeep eeep eeep. I want a break. I want to run away. I want to go to Uganda. Yup. I turned in an application to go to Uganda. I don't even know where Uganda is. All I know is that its not New Haven. So I think thats where I might be headed.

Anywayz, so... there's this rumor going around that I want to be a plastic surgeon. And when I heard it, I was like, "Uh, I do? That be the first I's ever heard of it." Plastic Surg is cool and everything but, dude, like, I don't dig the whole superficial thing. I mean, the little cleft-palate kid or the kid who will grow up to be retarded if he doesn't get his cranioplasty is cool ... but those operations ain't gonna pay the bills.... its the mammoplastys, the blephoroplastys, the face lifts that do. And if I had to do those ad nauseum ... dude, show me the door.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home