Of Pretense and Persuasions

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Hee heee. I rocked Surgery. Honors, dude, honors. Here, at Yale, they tell you that we don't have grades. But we do. And, hee hee, I rocked surgery. So that makes me happy. Its been an absolutely exhausting year so far and I've been working my freakin' a$$ off, but, hey, I guess its paying off.

But there are miles to go ... still have to finish 2 more weeks of ambulatory, then do the Neuro/Neurosurg clerkship [hmm, do I want to do Neurosurg? hmm, do I absolutely not want to have a life, a family, or children who can recognize me?], and Pediatrics.

I'm working on the plan for next year:
  • Need to do my thesis research --> probably in gene therapy, although bioengineering might also be a good call. I gotta get my act together and find a mentor, like, stat.
  • Write
  • Workout
    • want to be a yoga master
    • probably should brush up on my tae kwon do skills
    • run!
  • Pick up skills
    • want to learn video editing / how to make film
  • Languages
    • brush up on medical russian
    • learn medical chinese
  • Rock Step 2 - 'nuff said
  • Crunchy Medicine
    • Thinking about doing Andrew Weil's Integrative Medicine course out in Arizona
  • Extra Electives
    • Derm, baby, derm. I had no idea how much I would like figuring out rashes.
    • ID elective at UCSF
    • Radiology - chest x-ray what? I can barely how plain films are oriented. Dude, gotta learn.
    • Cardiology
  • Travel
    • Uganda
    • India

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home