Of Pretense and Persuasions

Monday, July 02, 2007

- I ran 4.3 miles hard and steady
- I did my laundry
- I discovered a great website with good medical research
- I had lunch at Ahimsa [vegan restaurant]
- I got my book on Tropical Surgery from interlibrary loan
- I met with the dean of students who agrreed with Ninani and my proposal to do more Pain management stuff in the curriculum... we're gonna organize a symposium next march
- I met with the secretary who does student research stuff and she said I could still get a one year research fellowship next year and that i have time to apply
- I met this girl Eva while waiting to cross the street ... I told her I thought her haircut looked really good on her and that started this conversation about how she had spotted me earlier in the day and said that she did a doubletake because I looked like her sister [same outfit] -- and then we found out that her sister is a mathematician who is in Iowa; and she said she liked my outfit because my skirt was shorter than a librarian but longer than a cheerleaders' and that she liked that I wore flip flops with bright blue nailpolish on my toes.
- I got an email from this trauma surgeon at Wash U St louis who emailed me his research articles and asked me if diff eq's spooked me and I replied saying, essentially, "bring it on, man! i could derive yo' mamma from first principles if you asked me to! "

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home