Of Pretense and Persuasions

Monday, June 18, 2007

Granted, I was supposed to trek down to New York today to see the new exhibit at the National Museum of Design as well as check out the Human Rights Watch film festival. Unfortunately, I got a late start to the day and, well, long story short is that I ended up in the library. My mother, upon reading this, will be elated. After 2 days of "summer vacation" I'm back to hitting the books ... gosh, what a nerd. Truth be told, however, I love studying now. I spent the day reading Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine and it is SUCH a pleasure to read. Then later on in the afternoon I ventured out the the Yale Film Study Center and checked out Gretchen Berlin's film called Rolling about the lives of wheelchair bound people. Dr. Berlin is a Yale physician here ... apparently, before coming to medical school she was a producer for TV. She recently won the MacArther Genius Award too for her work on using film to increase awareness of issues relevant to people with disabilties. Well, deserved, I think. The film was pretty powerful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home