Of Pretense and Persuasions

Friday, June 15, 2007

Today is the last day of my third year of medical school. I would wax poetic at this point, or perhaps produce a slew of indecent vulgarities, but at the moment I am not only writing this but also eating breakfast, trying to get dressed, and somehow create order to my unruly curls in order to be presentable at 8:oo AM Conference which begins in exactly 15 minutes. While I have been pining for a break, I think the next month will be harried like the rest of my life has been. I'm taking the Primary care classes [a school requirement], finding a thesis advisor, and pursuing my new found interest in filmmaking. Human Rights Watch is holding an International Film Festival from June 14th through the 28th in New York and I am bound to make it to some of those events. As for thesis ... there are several exciting ideas floating around in my head and the challenge that remains is finding someone at Yale with enough interdisciplinary talent [medicine + math/engineering/CS] to able to provide astute wisdome and guidance to serve as my advisor. Oh, and I appear to have assumed responsibility of running next year's Pain Symposium.... how that happened, I will never understand. And of course, the art exhibit still needs work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home