Of Pretense and Persuasions

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

To add to the lunacy which I generally like to partake in, I have decided to join the Technical Committee of Engineers without Borders. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do, or what knowledge I'm supposed to share, but they seem to really want me.
Granted, they think I'm a boy and that I'm this hunky wannabe MSF [aka Doctors Without Borders] general surgeon. I'm a little peturbed. I mean, I suppose this is only the first time of many more yet to come when someone will read my resume/job application and simply assume I'm a guy by virtue of the whole surgery thang and the hx of ridiculous math/physics activities. Sigh. I have to start deconstructing the sterotypes now ... and having a boy's name doesn't help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home