Of Pretense and Persuasions

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Oh, God. Neurosurgery is not for me. I thought I would find it cool, and it is, but honestly, after I've seen one craniotomy, I feel like I've seen them all. Is it really necessary to spend 7 years learning how to bang holes in people heads? Perhaps it is. I, for one, am not going to stick around to find out.

I met Ben Carson, yesterday. The dude is so cool. So chillax. At baseline, he's asleep. He's so calm and so chill; nothing, not even a disasterious intra-op hemorrhage could phase him. And he's so nice, smart, and logical. It was very inspiring to meet such a class act; not that my residents themselves are not nice, but, well, they're all tired and sleep-deprived human beings. So they act weird on occassion and leave you wondering about their state of humanity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home